The Forum Stories is thrilled…
to join forces with Imbibe Denver to host the opening session of The Maker’s Convergence on Monday August 24th, 2015. TFS host, Sam Pike, will moderate a panel discussion on sustainable creative vigor in the midst of day to day doldrums. We will also invite the one and only Natalie Tate to the stage for a musical performance and discussion on full-time creative work. Sound like your cup of tea (or whiskey)? You can read more about the day below and then purchase tickets here!
an afternoon gathering that connects Colorado artisans, makers and producers in order to create opportunities for collaboration and a strengthening of the local network. The theme of the conference is “Keeping the Spirit” — to connect small business owners to resources, to each other and to the community. The Makers Convergence will take place on Monday, August 24 from 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. at the McNichols Building (144 W Colfax St., Denver CO).
“Creativity is alive in Denver right now,” said Katie Schulze, co-organizer of The Makers Convergence. “After producing Denver Flea we were inspired by the small businesses in our city and wanted to create a conference where these businesses could connect in new ways.”
The Makers Convergence is about taking the time to talk with each other, and about getting down to business with real questions answered on the spot from local experts. This event will pair small business owners with people in a similar industry or phase of growth, so that you’ll talk about the stuff that matters to them right now.
Who should attend?
- Small-scale business owners focused on craft product
- Value-added food producer
- Hobbyists considering taking the leap into more full-time business ownership
- Business service providers looking to connect with new businesses
- Entrepreneurs seeking out coaching
What we’re talking about:
- Sales Development
- Marketing and Social Media
- Financing, Loan Programs and Creative Funding Options
- Cooperative Buying and Resource Sharing
12:30p.m. to 1:00 p.m: Registration, snacks and networking
1:00 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.: Opening Remarks + Panel Conversation
The theme of our opening panel is ‘Keeping the Spirit.’ Hear from established and developed local businesses about their own journey in how they work to keep the founding spirit in their companies and honor the original source of their inspiration, while still keeping up with the day to day. Speakers include:
- Natalie Tate, musician
- Kristin Golliher, WildRock PR & Marketing
- Gregory Crichelow, Chocolate Spokes
- Jesse Elliott, Ark Life and Biennial of the Americas
- Mark Mann, Hucklebrry Roasters
2:15 to 4:45
Get real-time answers from fellow entrepreneurs and business resource providers on the things you need right now. We’ll spend the first 5-10 minutes in each session introducing the subject matter and introducing our experts in each category. Then attendees can join the circle that most appropriately represents their current need and interest.
Round robin sessions with industry experts focusing on the following:
Business Development & Sales Strategy
- Business Development & Sales Strategy
- Ariana Friedlander, Rosabella Consulting
- Judy Hoberman, Selling in a Skirt – Empowering Women in Sales
- Zanzibar Vemiglio, Zanzibar Enterprises
Marketing and Social Media
- Aubrey Cornelius - Sprocket Communications
- Leah Charney, Social Media Director, WideFoc.us
- Jess Jones - Hatch Designs
Accounting, Legal Issues and Planning
- Natlaie Lutz, CPA, Joseph Lutz CPA
- Dan Mahoney, Insurance Group of Denver
- Dixie Malone, Denver Public Library Small Business Services
4:45 p.m. to 6:00 p.m
Closing remarks and ice cream social.
“Our hope is that our businesses will leave inspired and with tools for next steps in kicking ass at your business,” said Sarah Wells, co-organizer of The Makers Convergence.
Register online today for $25 at www.imbibe-events.com/event/
The Makers Convergence is presented by Imbibe Events, Denver Flea, Denver Office of Economic Development, Denver Handmade Homemade and Warm Cookies of the Revolution.
About Imbibe Events
Imbibe is a Denver-based event production and ticketing company that coordinates with the best restaurants, bars, music venues and other fine establishments to create craft events. Imbibe has produced events such as the Denver Beer Festivus, Collaboration Fest and the Big Eat. For more information, visit www.imbibe-events.com.